May 1, 2010

Donut Day

I LOVE cooking with my kids and teaching them kitchen basics. My family always had me helping in the kitchen as a kid and we all still gather there when together now. It feels good to pass on traditions. Today we made "semi-homemade" donuts. Here is our morning in the kitchen making donuts.

First we took refridgerated biscuits, mashed em down and used a glass to cut...


Next, we fried them in canola oil...


Mixed together 1C powdered sugar, 1/4C milk and 1 tsp vanilla for icing...


And a bag of powdered sugar for the donut holes...


Brush donuts with glaze twice...











Look how yummy they look! Oh and they tasted yummy too!

What are some of your favorite "semi-homemade" recipes?

6 comments:

Devan @ Accustomed Chaos said...

That looks like a LOT of fun!! I have made some real homemade donuts a few weeks ago (since we are gluten free we have to make from scratch). My kids had never had a donut before so we had a lot of fun making them.

Your powdered one looks good!!! I will have to make those next time.

Devan @ Accustomed Chaos
http://www.accustomedchaos.com

hushmama said...

my mom used to make these for me when i was little. now i want some!

http://www.hushmama.com

Free2bMommy said...

Ummmm freaking yum!!! Soooo cool how you made them! I'm hungry!

Dee
www.imfree2bmommy.com

Ember said...

@hushmama, I hope my kids have memories of us making these! =)

Dee, looking at the pics now I wish I had SOME cuz they were good! haa

Alexia said...

These donuts look so yummy.

I haven't had breakfast yet...

Robyn Lee said...

Wow, those look EVIL! : ) How fun though to do this with your kids, that's great!