August 1, 2011

Oat n Flax pancakes

I'm always looking for ways to change up an original recipe.  Every Sunday we make a big breakfast and sit down as a family to round out our busy weekends.  This time I thought hmmmmm I wonder if I add this and a little of that would it taste yummy?  I found with these that the oats make it a more dense pancake so if you want a "lighter" version omit the oats and add 1/2 cup of flax instead.  Also beer instead of water makes for fluffy pancakes too.  =)

Oat n Flax Pancakes
1 cup pancake mix
3/4 cup oats
1/4 cup ground flaxseed (not pictured here but we use Bob's)
1 tsp vanilla
1 1/2 cups water

makes 8-10 pancakes










1 comments:

Veronica said...

Looks easy enough!

I usually use half regular pancake mix, half whole grain pancake mix, with some vanilla thrown in..


We'll have to try your version out!