June 16, 2012

From the Garden to the Plate, Stir fry Stuffed Peppers!

Well hello there!  I hope you all have had a great start to your summer!  I have so many ideas and things I would love to do this summer!

The organic garden is underway, battling with tomato worms again, I'm DETERMINED to win!!
I am just salivating at the thought of the harvest soon! 


I've also learned after all these years that my plumerias want epsom salt and coffee grounds to give me lots and lots of flowers!


While I'm waiting to harvest my garden, I stopped by our local farmers market for some tasty treats to experiment with. I love to cook fresh and colorful! 




Stir fry Stuffed Peppers
1lb ground turkey
2 bell peppers
2 cups of any veggie you like
(I used zuchinni, tomatoes, and chopped kale)
1 clove crushed garlic
salt and pepper to taste
1/2 cup shredded mozzarella

I used a tablespoon of organic peanut oil to get the "fry" going, browned the turkey, garlic, kale, zuchinni and tossed in the tomato at the end to warm.  Then I sliced the peppers long ways in half, stuffed and sprinkled cheese.  Then I blew them a kiss and hit the toaster oven at 450 for 7-8min. 
Ok so I didn't blow them a kiss, but I should have because they were fabulous! 

I'm going to scour my local stores for seaweed to add to my growing garden, I've heard so many wonderful things!

Have a great weekend and make these for a special Dad's day treat!


Pin It

0 comments: