December 20, 2010

"What's in the Fridge" Tostada salad

Sorry I've been slackin in the recipe department!  I thought I'd start this week with an easy salad to get you through the holiday stress!  This took all of about 20 minutes to make!!  Basically you just use what you have in the fridge so my ingredients are what I had that day!  Use what you like and be creative!  Leftover chicken, turkey, hamburger!

"What's in the fridge" Tostada salad
1 bag of salad mix
Shredded cheese to sprinkle
1lb of Turkey or whatever meat you have(I used turkey)
yellow onion
1 packet taco or fajita seasoning
flour tortillas



Brown meat and add seasoning, following directions on package

 Heat 3 tblspoons oil and add tortillas, flip until brown and crisp, dry on paper towel

 Add to plate and start building salad, start with tortilla and lettuce then build!
I smashed the tostada with my fork  for a crunchy salad!
You can also mix together 2tblsp of ranch and 2tblsp salsa for a great dressing!
YUM!  Enjoy!

5 comments:

Kari said...

Looks quick and easy! Excellent! XOXO

Jules said...

That's my kind of salad!

Alexia said...

It's awesome to be good at whipping things together; certainly looks like you are!

Ember said...

=) I love seeing what I can create!!

Jenn said...

Wow girl, you should email me ALL your recipes! Love everything you cook! :D