March 4, 2011

Small Changes, Big Results: Back Porch Light

Welcome to the weekend, I'm deciding what to add to my "to do" list for this month.  Not everything in my home is as I would like it, we try to do little by little here and there.  Its amazing what these small changes can do and the big results they give.(I'm kinda nerdy when it comes to this, I even get excited over new wind chimes)  I'm challenging myself to continue throughout this year making little changes that give big results.  I'm sure if I skipped that Starbucks or Chik-fil-A run a couple times a month I would be able to get alot done with what I'd save too.  I'm going to call it "Small Changes, Big Results".  I love a good challenge and hopefully by the end of this year I'll have alot accomplished around here.

First order of business is to take care of our outdoor lighting.  Our porch light has been dying a SLOW death, sometimes it works and most of the time not.  We have skunk friends that like to hang back there so when we let our dog Marlee out we need to be able to see that the lil critters aren't around.(Marlee's been skunked twice!)  The fixture has been there since the house was built 16 years ago, I'm thinkin its time for a new one??
Hey don't make fun, at least I'm using an energy saving bulb! =)
Now the hard part, choosing something I like.  Sometimes I know exactly what I want and others I have a terribly hard time deciding.  SO here's where I need your help.  I've narrowed it down to 2 that I like and would like your opinions.  I'll then choose the one with the most feedback.  Then hey, I'll have a story to tell at future outdoor gatherings about how it came to be.

Here's Option A:


Option B:


Let me know what you think, I'm undecided.

5 comments:

Casey Martinez said...

I like option B and actually plan on getting something similar for our back porch this SUmmer;0.

MissMOE said...

I choose option B. Make sure to post how your back light looks when you end up replacing it.

Ember said...

I like B too but hubby says A! =)

Ashley said...

This is tough, they are totally different. Does one fit the style of your house more than the other? I don't think you can go wrong either way, they are both really nice!

Jenn said...

I like option b better!!! :) It really depends what kind of finishes are in your house. We are switching everything from silver/brass the style you see in option b - hence the reason i'm a little partial. :)