January 18, 2011

Stuffed Mini Peppers

I first saw Giada's version on Food Network a couple weeks ago and my KIDS asked me to make them!  I thought I'd better do it then, most kids don't ask you to make something like that!  My kids love all kinds of different foods, some even I don't care for!

I changed the recipe to my liking since we don't eat pork or peas, it calls for pancetta or bacon and peas which I replaced with spinach and turkey bacon, feel free to use what you like!

Stuffed Mini Peppers
3oz, or 6 slices bacon (turkey bacon or regular) chopped
3/4 cup part skim ricotta cheese
1/3 cup grated parmesan
1/2 cup chopped spinach
24ct  2-3" long sweet baby peppers

Preheat oven to 350. Spray baking sheet with cooking spray, set aside.

add 1tsp butter to pan(if using turkey bacon) and cook bacon until crisp

add ricotta, parmesan, chopped spinach to bowl and mix (salt & pepper to taste)

add drained, cooled bacon to mixture


 set mix aside and wash and cut peppers (kinda daunting task but great reward when cooked)
Cut 1/2inch from stem and clean out seeds 
use a small spoon and lightly stuff each pepper to rim with mixture 
use leftover stuffing to top off peppers 
 Bake at 350 10-15minutes or just until barely soft and filling is hot, I like my peppers with a bit of a crunch so I pulled them out a little early.
 Let cool just a bit.  Arrange on plate and EAT

 My kids loved these and so did my husband!  I will for sure make them again!

17 comments:

Ambrosia said...

Those look AMAZING!!!! I'll have to add this to my menu for next week for sure! Thanks for stopping by Fabulously Domestic!

Casey Martinez said...

yum!!! What a great and tasty idea! I will have to try this!

Jenn said...

You are awesome!! Those look great! :D Can you make me a batch of low fat and mail them to me :D

Val said...

All I can say is these look amazing!!! I will be making these soon!!! = )))

Ember said...

I hope you all try them! They really were pretty easy and OH SO TASTY! =)

Unknown said...

I made these for dinner last night and they turned out fantastic! I featured the recipe on my blog where I write about trying out ideas I find on Pinterest. Check it out! https://iampinderella.wordpress.com/2015/12/18/last-supper/

Unknown said...

What containers did u count these as?

Unknown said...

Container count?

Unknown said...

what would you count this as for the 21 day fix?


Unknown said...

I am also interested in how this breaks down into the 21 day fix! :D Thanks!

JF said...

tried these tonight and OMG these are the best - we tweaked it slightly - added a bit of garlic and cayenne and a tsp of franks red hot sauce...they were gone insanely fast!

thank you - can't wait to try your other recipes...

<3 <3

Unknown said...

I calculated this recipe and found the entire recipe to be approx 2.5 R, 2.5 G, and 1.5 B - It gets tricky to separate into servings but if you eat 4 stuffed peppers it would be approximately 0.5 R, 0.5 G, and 0.25 B

Unknown said...

Such an awesome recipe! I used the end of a spoon to stuff the peppers, also I have a jalapeño de-seeder my husband got from a client (ezcorner.com) so it was super easy to clean these out (I've never used mini peppers!). My son is a picky eater so I'm going to put the mixture on some pasta for him but my daughter will be ALL over these!

amanda said...

How many calories?

amanda said...

How many calories?

Erica said...

What are the container counts?

Buffie said...

These look really good . WIll have to try ty for the receipe